Staff Accountant Job Opening
James T. Scherer CPA, is looking for a diligent staff accountant to join our team. The staff accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations and assisting the CPA as needed. We have been in business for over 40 years!
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with tax returns.
- Preparing and reporting Sales and Payroll tax returns.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Assistance in various other projects which will require creative and innovative solutions.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in Public Accounting (Preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP & some tax.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate initiative and excellent client service.
- Strong computer skills.